With the countdown now officially on for the return of footy, there’s good news for fans with plans in place to make it as easy and safe as possible to enjoy games at Adelaide Oval.
“We have put an enormous amount of work into doing everything we can to make coming to the footy this season as accessible as possible and a simply great experience,” Adelaide Oval CEO Andrew Daniels said.
“The sound of 40,000 people cheering their team on is something we can’t wait to hear again, and we’re excited to share details of what the fan experience will incorporate.”
Key information for fans ahead of attending games includes:
- COVIDSafe seating arrangements will be in place. Everyone will have an allocated seat, with patrons seated in pods of 120 people, with each pod separated by two rows of seats or an aisle.
- Fans will need to bring a mask with them which must be worn when entering, exiting and moving around the stadium. Once in their allocated seat, patrons will be free to remove their mask.
- The northern mound will also be set up with standing pods of 120 people. Once within their pod, patrons will be free to remove their mask and enjoy the game.
- All patrons will need to complete a QR code check-in, or make use of handwritten sign-in sheets, at the gates.
- The price reductions, which Adelaide Oval implemented last year across its best-selling food and beverage items, have been maintained for the 2021 football season.
- Both the Crows and Port Adelaide have also held their 2021 memberships at last year’s prices.
“The support by South Australians in following the Covid restrictions and the advice from SA Health has played a vital role in how well our State has navigated the pandemic and I hope and expect that fans will see that following these simple steps will ensure that we can all safely enjoy the football this year,” Mr. Daniels said.
“After a challenging 2020, the entire team here are very much looking forward to welcoming all footy fans back to Adelaide Oval.”
The Adelaide Crows take on Geelong on March 20 while Port Adelaide takes on Essendon on March 27.
Adelaide Crows player David Mackay said he was looking forward to the atmosphere at Adelaide Oval.
“There is nothing better than the support from our fans, particularly when it’s big crowds at Adelaide Oval. It makes all the difference for us as players and we’re encouraging fans to come and cheer loudly and just enjoy being back at the footy,” he said.
Port Adelaide vice-captain Ollie Wines said the whole team was excited about playing in front of its members and supporters again.
“We just can’t wait to run onto Adelaide Oval in front of our passionate and loyal fans. That first Never Tear Us Apart moment at our first home game back at Adelaide Oval will be unbelievable,” he said.
“Our members sacrificed so much last year and have stood by us despite the challenges and we are just looking forward to sharing our journey with them in 2021.
“While we want all of our fans to be safe and respectful of others, we also can’t wait to hear them in full voice this season. Our people are the loudest and most passionate in the competition and their support makes a massive difference. There has been a lot of work done to make it safe and easy for our members and supporters to attend and we’re ready to play.”
Article courtesy of https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/