If your club or facility has a big dream you didn’t think possible to achieve, this is for you.
Sport Australia (previously the Australian Sports Commission) has released the Community Sport Infrastructure Grant Program, with a $29.7 million budget to fund capital projects with a focus on improvements to existing sport infrastructure.
The program aims to help small to medium-scale projects of up to $500,000 to improve local community sport infrastructure to support greater community participation in sport and physical activity.
Another key aspect is for the projects to offer safer and more inclusive community sporting hubs.
Golf Australia chief executive Stephen Pitt said golf clubs and facilities were in an ideal position to apply for a share of the grant.
“As we know, golf clubs and facilities are more than just places to play golf – they provide the infrastructure that extends to the broader community, harnesses the value of green space and in many situations can become the new `town hall’,” Pitt said.
“Facility planning is an important strategic priority for us and this grant opportunity certainly supports this important area.
“It also encourages innovation and greater diversification of golf’s offerings to appeal more to new and existing participants.”
Importantly, applications close on 14 September, and anyone seeking help with their preparation should contact Sport Australia at email@example.com or by calling (02) 6214 1201.
Applications close: 14 September 2018
Notification of successful applications: 1 November 2018 onwards
Expected completion date of projects: 30 June 2019
The grant has two guiding themes:
Community Sporting Hubs– the use of infrastructure by new and diverse community groups to extend beyond those just participating in the sport by positioning the facility as the new ‘town hall’
Inclusion– innovative upgrades that offer welcoming, inclusive and accessible participation opportunities for all members of the community including women and girls, multi-cultural communities and people of all abilities.
The application can support one or both themes or propose an additional innovation to increase participation.
Applications will be assessed against three selection criteria:
1. Community Participation 2. Community Need 3. Project Design and Delivery
• Co-contributions (including in-kind) will be considered favourably and scored higher where co-contributions exist for projects
• An application can be made with identified partners to increase the capacity to deliver the project
• The development of a national clubs and facilities future planning strategy is a strategic priority for Golf Australia within its 2018-2021 Strategic Plan
Examples of eligible projects may include:
• Upgrades to playing surfaces, including multi-sport upgrades and resurfacing that supports increased use
• Building, expanding and/or upgrading change rooms, particularly for girls and women and officials’ areas
• External entry/exit accessible amenities
• Improved sports lighting and safety lighting, including installation of solar panels
• Improvements to ground and court capacity that support increased use
• Improvements to spectator amenities
• Internal/external amenity uplift.
How to apply
For more information and to apply
Preview the on-line application form