Does your Greenkeeper go above and beyond for his greens? Are your greens the best in the area?
If you answered yes to both of those questions, then why not nominate your stellar performer for the Victorian Greenkeepers Association’s Greenkeeper of the Year Award? Nominations are now open!
This award is a great nod from other industry professionals who recognise the hard work and effort staff put in each day to make the bowling green a fun and safe environment for members.
Nominees must be a financial member of the Victorian Greenkeepers Association, and must possess the following qualities or selection criteria:
- Quality condition of grass cover
- Quality condition of surface
- Quality of surrounds (if they maintain them)
- Cleanliness of machinery, is it serviced and stored ready for use?
- Greenkeepers shed is clean and tidy
- All tools and machinery stored neatly
- Chemical storage area in first class condition
- Spray equipment clean, maintained and ready to use
- PPE in good condition
- Knowledge of safety requirements
- Record of daily maintenance
- Record of fertiliser / Chemical application
- Contribution to the Association and attendance of industry events
Take the time to think about someone who is worthy of the prestigious award and put forward your nomination! The VGA is asking for a detailed, one-page explanation as to why you have the best Greenkeeper in Victoria.
Nominations close March 8th, so get cracking!