It’s time to fertilise your lawn.
Like anything else organic, your lawn will always do best when it is being well looked after. Fertiliser is a great way of keeping your lawn in good shape and it’s simple to apply and effective in all conditions.
It’s crucial to fertilise regularly to keep your lawn at its healthiest to deal with changes in temperature and any other problems that nature throws at it.
Fertilising in Autumn will encourage great winter colour and overall health.
Don’t be shy with the water
Make sure you water in the fertiliser really well, getting all those nutrients to the roots of the grass and avoiding leaf burn. As the water acts on the fertiliser it dissolves and passes into the soil where the next stage takes place.
Soil micro-organisms break down the fertiliser into a form that can be used by the plants. The roots of the grass take up the nutrients through their roots and then up towards the plant’s vascular system towards the leaves.
Keep your lawn green, even during frost
If you happen to live in some of the colder areas of Australia, you may find that your lawn can be affected by frost. New to the market is Lawn Solutions Australia’s ColourGuard.
This is not a lawn paint. This is a natural turf grass colourant which will instantly restore and replace the diminishing natural colour of your lawn over the autumn and winter months. Lasting for up to 3 months and easy to apply, you’ll have an amazing looking lawn no matter what the weather throws at it.
Benefits of ColourGuard:
- Instantly restores the natural green colour of grass – year round
- Substantially reduces watering needs
- Stays green during droughts and water restrictions
- UV fade resistant
- Won’t bleed, run, or stain once absorbed into the grass
- Safe for the environment, pets and people
- Works in extreme heat, cold and frost
- Organic and natural – no harmful chemicals
- Reduces the amount of fertiliser and water used on lawns