Pitch Preparation Day held at MELBOURNE GRAMMAR SCHOOL – FLACK PARK – TODD ROAD, PORT MELBOURNE
11th September 2018, 7.00am – 3.00pm
Australia has been a major nation in global cricket for over a century. Much of this success is due to the quality of the grounds prepared and used by the ‘grass roots’ levels of the sport. Today we have even higher standards being requested and achieved.
This “Pitch Preparation Day” will offer something for everyone engaged in the seasonal task of building, preparing and maintaining a quality cricket pitch.
The day caters for curators of all ability and experience levels. To ensure delegates receive the most from the day we will work in groups.
To help enhance the value of this one day event for all delegates we ask that each attendee complete the information request at the end of this sheet when making their booking.
Subjects to be covered on the day include:-
1. Overview of how to prepare a pitch
2. Introduction and pitch selection/rotation
3. Marking up a pitch
4. String line out a pitch and wicket table markings
5. Cutting a pitch
6. Watering of pitch and wicket table
7. Rolling the pitch at different stages of preparation
8. Cross rolling
9. Grassing up the pitch
10. Repairing damaged pitches
11. Hessian and cover use
12. Sodding a pitch
13. Other tasks include – growth cloth, sprigging, seeding, fertilising, mower heights, preparing grass clippings
At the conclusion of the day the objective is to enhance the skills of each attendee in delivering an improved delivery of a professional cricket pitch to your local Association.
Please complete the Registration form attached
& forward to STA (Vic) Inc.
Note: Bookings Close Wednesday 5th September, 2018.