Poison Hemlock, The Garden Killer and Health Threat

Written by:

Poison Hemlock, a dangerous weed for your garden, your own health and even your pets.

The toxic and invasive weed thrives in moist soil, attacking everything in it’s way.

Poison Hemlock not only affects your garden negatively but is toxic for humans and animals. Commonly found in wet, wooded areas and open fields, along roadsides and railroad tracks, this poisonous plant could cause abortions and death in cattle.

Hemlock poisoning occurs after ingesting any part of the plant, such as the seeds, flowers, leaves, or fruits. All parts of this plant contain toxic alkaloids that can be fatal even in small amounts. The alkaloids can affect nerve impulse transmission to your muscles, eventually killing you through respiratory failure. Even touching this plant may cause a skin reaction in some people. To date, there is no antidote. Removing this plant is the primary method of prevention, but to do so wear long clothes, gloves, safety glasses and to be even more cautious- a mask.

If you begin experiencing irregular symptoms after eating a plant or herb, seek immediate medical attention.

Hemlock occurs in all states of Australia, except the Northern Territory.
Source, media & morewww.bhg.com
                                          – www.healthline.com

Comments