This article was updated on March 16 2020.
After careful consideration by the organising committee, we have decided to postpone our planned Field Day that was to be held on Wednesday 25th March at Princes Park in Glen Eira.
This decision has been taken in the best interest of all participants, in light of the fairly rapid change in advice from the National Chief Medical Officer, where it is now deemed unwise to be holding community events of the type that we had proposed. Our organising committee are still keen to run this event in the future, and we will do so when we are advised that it is safe.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our members, sponsors and presenters who are totally committed to this event, and we look forward to being back in touch with you in the near future.
Sports Turf Assoc. (Vic), along with IAL Melbourne Region, invite you to a very special Field Day.
How to get the best from your irrigation system?
A field program designed to assist turf operators in understanding the workings of irrigation systems and how to achieve optimum performance.
Date: Wednesday 25 March 2020
Location: Princes Park, Bambra Rd, Caulfield South
Time: 8.00 am for 8:30 start – Finish 12:00 pm. Lunch: 12:00 to 1:00 pm BBQ
Program & Topics
• Irrigation professionals showing the key to achieving high quality and efficient irrigation systems.
• Troubleshooting a system – What to look for?
• Sprinklers – Coverage & correct nozzle – Installation and adjustment.
• Pipe repair – Secret to permanent, leak proof fixes.
• Solenoid valves – Why are they vulnerable? Simple remedies. Servicing valves.
• Controller wiring – Importance of cable joins – Fault diagnosis. Cable tracing.
• How good is the irrigation system? – Testing & measuring performance demonstration. Catch can test. Pressure testing.
*Our thanks to Trent Lamb, Co-ordinator Sports Grounds & Capital Works and Glen Eira City Council for the use of this quality venue.
* Thanks to irrigation industry partners for field demonstrations and provision of lunch.
Registration is essential and numbers are limited.
Bookings must be received by Monday 23 March 2020 – Book early to avoid disappointment!
For Registration please email Anne Andersen: firstname.lastname@example.org